.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday



It's Tuesday and that means a it's time for the teaser meme - hosted by Mizb17 at Should Be Reading

Guidelines:

1. Grab your current read

2. Let the book fall open to a random page

3. Share with us two “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.

4. You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

5. Do not share any spoilers!




This week's teaser is from a book that I'm reading for Barnes & Noble's First Look Book Club - Of Bees and Mist by Erick Setiawan:


"As the drizzle thickened into rain, they hustled past moldering huts and ramshackle tenements, past temples of abandoned gods and hotels tenanted by transient midnight souls. Eyes without bodies traked them from the depths of shadows, howling, laughing at every turn of the wind."
p.267



Review to come later this week!

23 Comments:

Briana said...

That book looks very interesting!

Anonymous said...

Certainly an interesting teaser. Has me wondering what the book is about.

Sharon said...

Sounds very intersting, what a picture painted by those words!

BurtonReview said...

I just finished this one, my review will be up tomorrow. I loved the prose in the book once I started going with the flow!

Cheryl Pitt said...

Very nice. It almost reads like a poem.

zetor said...

Has a certain rhthym. Like the sound of that book.

JJ said...

Oooh, sounds interesting. Thanks for dropping by my Tuesday Teaser at GAhome2mom. :)

Staci said...

Not only did I love that teaser but I'm in love with that cover...sounds like this could be a great read!!

ibeeeg said...

Great teaser! I am going to look this book up on Amazon.

-.- said...

I missed the deadline for the Book Club, I'm so bummed that I did since I really want to read this book. It looks really good.

~ Popin

Catherine @ The Blonde Diaries said...

What an intriguing teaser. I have to admit I have no idea what that book is about but I look forward to your review on it.

jlshall said...

Wow, eyes without bodies! Now that's quite a teaser!

Carrie K. said...

Great writing in that teaser!

Ashley said...

Loved this book! Looking forward to your review!

Mishel said...

Wow, great teaser! I love the cover of the book too =)

Kerri said...

I've heard good things about this book. Great teaser.

Anonymous said...

Love this teaser!!

Love your header too!

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Great teaser! Thanks for your comment on my blog :)

Today is WHAT'S ON YOUR DESK WEDNESDAY? on my blog. And you've been tagged. I hope you can join in with the fun. Please don’t feel any pressure to have to do this. I’m choosing friends who comment, blog followers and book bloggers who appear to like doing book blog memes. ☺

Sassy's What's on your desk Wednesday?

Take care,

Sassy
:)

Unknown said...

The language is beautiful. I'll have to look this one up myself, thanks!

J.S. Peyton said...

That's an excellent teaser! Very lyrical. I look forward to your review.

Louise said...

Oh my! I want to read that book. It has gone straight to my Amazon wishlist.

And ps. I LOVE your blog-layout!

avisannschild said...

Wow, sounds kinda intense and scary! Great teaser!

Michael Phelps said...

I have given away a lot of books, but I have never signed up to win one. George Pelecanos is an outstanding writer. This is a book I can devour in one read! Put me on your list of contestants . . & I'll pray and pray and pray.
www dot MichaelPhelpsNovels dot com
Thanks,
Michael Phelps