This one is hosted by Victoria at Read Your Name Challenge
1. Using your first name, or blogger name, or your pets name, or even your favorite literary character's name; whichever you like, choose books with first title letters that spell out your name. (Audio books and eBooks are also okay.) Such as her name: Victoria. the first book's title would start with the letter V, then the next book title begins with I, etc.
2. Bloggers and non-bloggers alike are free to join. If you do not have a blog and would like to post your reviews/titles that spelled your name somewhere, you may do so here at the group blog. Just send her an e-mail (phantombibliophile [at] gmail [dot] com), or leave a comment letting her know you'd like to use the blog.
3. If you have your own blog, go back there every month and leave a comment containing the link to your challenge page containing the books you've read or each review you've written for books that count for this challenge. (Crossovers with other challenges are okay.) There is a new post for this on the first of every month.
4. The challenge runs from Jan. 1st 2009, to Dec. 31st 2009. You may join at any time.
A - A Total Waste of Makeup by Kim Gruenenfelder
C - College Girl by Patricia Weitz
L - Literacy and Longing in L.A. by Jennifer Kaufman and Karen Mack
The New Author Challenge hosted by Literary Escapism
1. The challenge will run from January 1, 2009 through December 31, 2009.
2. Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels, but anthologies are also a great way to try someone new.
3. State how many new authors you want to try this year and then that’s your challenge. If you want a number given to you, try for either 25 or 50.
4. Add your name to the Mr. Linky at Literary Escapism. If you do not have your own blog, you can join the group blog here.
5. Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome.
6. When you read a new author, write your review (either at your site or the group blog) and then come back here and post a link to your review.
I choose to try for 50 new authors (again, these are only for books that I've read since late-May) - 25 for this blog and 25 for my other blog, Undercover Book Lover.
4. Karen Mack